Contemporary Italian Cuisine
Vegan Online Cooking Course
Make the most out of everyday ingredients and explore flavorful Italian recipes with an innovative twist. Taught by Michelin-trained chef Pietro Platania.
Do you want to elevate your cooking skills,
making more out of everyday ingredients?
But right now, you don't know where to start!
You lack the right kitchen skills
You’d love to create your own dishes, but you lack the confidence to play around with ingredients in new, innovative ways.
You’re not sure about your knife skills, different cooking methods, and how to work with most vegetables out there.
You feel uninspired
Sometimes, cooking can feel like a chore to you. You’re feeling uninspired in the kitchen, resorting back to the same old dishes every day.
You crave more variety, more flavor, and more excitement in your food.
You want less complexity
You’re tired of shopping for fancy, exotic ingredients that are expensive and often impossible to find.
Most recipes require some special ingredients that are difficult to come by.
Instead, you’d love to work more with simple and locally grown vegetables and herbs.
It’s all possible now!
Boost your cooking skills and discover the phenomenal flavors of Italian cuisine.
In this course, you will get to know some truly invaluable cooking techniques while learning about traditional Italian recipes.
Bring out the full flavor potential of everyday ingredients
You don’t need dozens of spices and exotic herbs to make food taste great. On the contrary, working with just a few key ingredients and using the right powerful preparation techniques is enough.
In this course, you will learn how to make simple dishes stand out - using tomatoes, onion, garlic, and other flavorful everyday ingredients.
Make your dishes look and taste remarkable
Would you like to impress your family and friends with food that’s an experience? Discover simple techniques to enhance the natural flavors of the ingredients you have at hand.
A great dinner table should also be a joy for the eyes. That’s why you will learn about different ways of plating and garnishing your final dish.Sign-Up Today
Here's what you'll learn
Part 1: Italian Aperitivo (Tapas)
Learn to prepare a wonderfully arranged plate filled with a variety of creative snacks
You will learn:
- How to make a crispy farinata pancake that adds crunch and flavor to your plate
- How to make a smooth miso cashew butter to use as an umami-packed spread
- How to make a flavor-packed salsa verde from a creative variety of green herbs
- How to prepare a bright beetroot pâté that you can use for tapas, bread, and much more
- The simple technique to turn garlic into a sweet and flavor-packed spread (which makes every dish better)
- How to create the traditional Italian gremolata sauce that will enrich your salads and main dishes
- How to roast pumpkin and eggplant to bring out their full flavor potential
Part 2: Classic Italian Ribollita
Learn how to prepare this comforting Tuscan soup while discovering an abundance of useful cooking techniques
You will learn:
- How to make a classic Italian soffritto - an aromatic vegetable base for your soups, sauces, and stews
- How to use the deglazing technique to make your vegetable taste phenomenal
- The most essential chopping techniques to cut onions, carrots, and garlic like a true professional
- How to turn potato leftovers into a crispy snack (don’t throw away your potato peels after this)
- Why you should never throw away dry bread (and how it can be used to enhance ribollita and other recipes)
- How to arrange and plate the famous ribollita soup so your family and friends can enjoy authentic Italian flavors at home
Part 3: Flavorful Italian Risotto
Discover a new way to prepare this famous rice dish while learning some essential preparation methods that enhance your everyday food.
You will learn:
- How to create an aromatic base with slow-cooked shallots
- How to prepare a rich and flavor-packed vegetables stock that you can use to enrich soups, stews, and other dishes
- How to make a soft and creamy almond butter for the mantecatura to replace the cow butter in traditional Italian risotto recipes
- How to make a delicious and crunchy topping with roasted almonds
- How to prepare a simple yet incredibly flavor-packed sauce from roasted tomatoes
- How to use the thermic shock technique to easily remove the skin from tomatoes
- How to combine the creamy rice base with the delicious tomato mix to create a mouthwatering dish
Part 4: Roasted Vegetable Plate
Create a stunning plate of roasted vegetables that combines texture and flavor in a playful, exciting way.
- How to create an insanely flavorful vegan jus using nothing but 3 simple ingredients
- How to chop vegetables with ultimate precision while keeping your fingers safe
- How to use a simple sheet of baking paper to keep your food fresher and healthier
- How to make a crispy topping out of lentils that make every salad, bowl, and main dish more interesting
- How to combine condiments of different colors and flavors to create a beautiful final dish that will impress your family and friends
Learn to create beautiful and inspiring dishes from a Michelin-trained chef
You will be guided step-by-step by Italian chef Pietro Platania.
Pietro is the chef behind the Berlin-based Private Dining company Parentesi Berlin in which he treats his guests to an evening of astounding vegetarian dishes.
Pietro had been trained at a 3-star restaurant in Paris, after which he gained more experience as a chef in several upscale restaurants around Europe.
Before moving to Berlin, Pietro ran his own restaurant in Rome in which he brought a new, playful touch to healthy food.
Pietro is passionate about using a circular approach in his cooking, trying to minimize waste and use every ingredient to its fullest.
This course teaches you more than just recipes
It gives you the skills to elevate your cooking to the next level.
You will learn about:
Essential Cutting Techniques
This might be the most crucial skill in the kitchen because every recipe starts on the cutting board.
Pietro will teach you the correct way to cut your vegetables like a true professional - evenly and efficiently.
You will learn how to cut onion, spring onion, chives, celery, carrots, cabbage, chard, shallots, and fresh herbs.
Vegetable Stocks & Bases
Many recipes start with a base that provides flavor and depth. In this course, you’ll get to know a variety of different stocks and vegetable bases that you can use for almost any recipe you can think of.
The right roasting and deglazing techniques help you to maximize flavor and create mouthwatering dishes packed with sweetness and savoriness.
Plating & Garnishing
Great food is not just about flavor, it also lives from the way you present it. You have to think about colors and contrasts, symmetry and structure.
Pietro will share with you his secrets on arranging and plating all components of a dish to make it look elegant and classy.
Get Full Access Today
Detailed Video Lessons
Follow along with the step-by-step video lessons. Rewatch them as often as you like.
Coursebook + Shopping List
Get a downloadable coursebook and shopping list with detailed instructions and all the right ingredients.
Be part of an engaged student community - get answers to your questions, share your progress, and connect with others.
Here's How It Works
Enroll now in “Contemporary Italian Cuisine” and get lifetime access to full video lessons and course materials. You can also join the Veecoco membership and get full access to all cooking courses.
Learn Anywhere, Anytime
In the comfort of your home or when you're on the go - conveniently with our mobile app.
Community with 24/7 Support
You can ask questions directly in each lesson and inside our private Facebook community. We'll get back to you as soon as we can!
Downloadable Course Materials
You get all coursebooks, worksheets, and bonus materials!
Do you have any questions?
Is this course only for beginners?
This course is both for beginners and advanced home chefs. No matter your experience level, you will learn some new techniques that you can apply to your everyday cooking. The videos help you to follow along without any problems.
Will I need to buy any fancy equipment for this course?
No, you don't need any special equipment. This course focuses on using everyday tools and ingredients to create stunning dishes. You need the obvious kitchen basics, such as a chef's knife, cutting board, pots, pans, and an oven.
How long does it take me to finish this course?
It depends. Going simply through all of the videos and course materials will probably take you around 2-3 hours. If you follow along and prepare all the recipes, such as the risotto or ribollita, it will obviously take you longer. Each recipe consists of a variety of smaller elements and preparation steps.
Can I watch this course on my phone? Is there an app?
Yes, there is! After purchasing this course, you will be able to download and use our mobile app. That means you can access all videos and lessons anywhere, anytime. This is especially handy when you’re on the go, or when you want to rewatch a video or check instructions while standing in the kitchen.
What if I have any questions?
We’re here for you! If you have any questions, you can leave them directly under the videos and lessons, and we usually reply within 24 hours. You will also get access to our student community where you can share your progress and get in touch with other students. Lastly, you can always write us an email to [email protected] with any questions you might have.
What if I’m not happy with the course?
We don’t want you to be unhappy with our courses. If you decide that the course isn’t right for you, you can make use of our no-hassle 30-day money-back guarantee. Simply write to us within the first 30 days to get a refund. Simple as that.
Do you have any other questions? Simply write us an email to [email protected] and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
Ready to create stunning dishes?
Then sign up now and get full access to this course.